Thursday, August 28, 2008

The ethics of accidential vs. deliberate abortion

To:
R. Alta Charo
Warren P. Knowles Professor of Law and Bioethics,
University of Wisconsin Law School

Dear Professor Charo,

Last week I invited You to clarify Your comments quoted in the recent USA Today article, Differences surface in McCain-Obama Christian forum

I didn’t receive a response from You, but perhaps my question was not clear enough to merit a response. I'll try to be clearer by cutting to the ethical crux of the matter:

Is it indeed Your position that deliberate, procured abortion is ethically equivalent to accidental, spontaneous abortion?

Because of Your expertise in the areas of bioethics and reproductive rights law, I'm very interested to learn Your perspective on this important question.

Thank You for Your consideration.

Sincerely,
John Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Your comments! (Comments are moderated and usually approved the same day.)